This recipe is one of my favorites from childhood. Yes, I was that weird kid that loved vegetables. Really. This is NOT the healthiest veggie recipe, though, so don't count on getting in all of your nutrients with this one... Fat content, though? Heck yes! Plus, this recipe is SUPER SIMPLE!
1 Bag of Frozen Peas
1 Tablespoon of Butter
2-4 Ounces of Milk
8 Ounces of Cream Cheese (I like the garlic/chive kind the best with this, but plain also works well)
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1. Add frozen peas to a large pot of boiling water.
2. Boil for about 10-12 minutes or until peas are as soft as you want them.
3. Strain water from peas.
4. Add butter and milk, and stir well.
5. Add cream cheese a little bit at a time, stirring to mix it all in.
6. Add salt and pepper. I LOVE this recipe with quite a bit of pepper.