Everyone loves mashed potatoes, right? Not exactly. I actually used to hate them. I'm THAT weirdo. However, after several years, I decided to try them again... and I made up a recipe that includes one of my favorite things: cream cheese. Yep. These bad boys are ooey and gooey and creamy and delicious!
6-8 Yukon Potatoes
6 Tablespoons of Butter
8 Ounces of Cream Cheese (Garlic/Chive flavored works best!)
1/2 Cup of Milk
1 Tablespoon Onion Salt
1 Teaspoon Pepper
*Some people prefer to peel their potatoes first. If you like them that way, do it. I just like the texture of the skin.
1. Cut potatoes into cubes (the smaller they are, the quicker they cook!)
2. Boil in a large saucepan until tender (poke with a fork to check). This is usually about 30 minutes for me.
3. Drain the water from the potatoes in a strainer.
4. Add potatoes back to large saucepan.
5. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher
6. Add the butter, and mix it well into the potatoes until it melts.
7. Add in cream cheese, and stir it well.
8. Add milk, and stir it all up well.
9. Add onion salt and pepper.
**I like sautéing onions and garlic until they are tender and mixing them in to the potatoes as well for an extra kick. I promise - it's delicious!