Today's recipe is one that I found a long time ago... and I'd been wanting to make it ever since but never had. I decided to make it on New Year's Eve to coincide with my favorite beer cheese dip, and I LOVED it. I can't wait to make it again, but I definitely don't need a whole bowl of this to myself.
This dill pickle dip was SO easy to make, and it really hit the spot. If you don't like dill pickles, I'm sure you could use another kind (bread and butter or sweet gherkins). I personally love ALL pickles, so this was just perfect for me.
Our friends gobbled it up on New Year's Eve, but I was super happy to have some leftovers for the following days. I served this with pretzels, but really, you could use crackers or chips too.
This is definitely not the healthiest dip in the world, but look how creamy and amazing it is! My mouth is watering just looking at these photos, and I want to make more. It's a good thing I've got all the ingredients in my fridge! ;-)
Dill Pickle Dip
• 1 cup sour cream
• 4 ounces (1/2 block) cream cheese, softened
• 1 tbsp minced onion
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
• 5 medium sized dill pickles, finely chopped
1. Combine the sour cream and cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add in the minced onion, salt, parsley, and pickles.
3. Refrigerate until serving.
4. Serve with pretzels, crackers, chips, etc.
- Are you a pickle lover or hater?
- Do you make dips to snack on?